Fri, Jan 12|
Distilling Winter: An Alchemical Journey & Retreat with Winter's Medicine
A two-part workshop/retreat exploring, engaging, and embracing the medicine of winter and "wintering" through aromatics, archetypes, and the alchemical stages
Time & Location
Jan 12, 2024, 5:00 PM – Jan 13, 2024, 5:00 PM
Sagle, 88 Herrmann Lake Rd, Sagle, ID 83860, USA
About the workshop
This two-part workshop and retreat unfolds over the course of one and a half days (Friday evening 1/12/24, all day Saturday, 1/13/24). The workshop/retreat includes a distillation experience, lecture & discussion, contemplative & meditative exercises, and some simple aromatic/herbal blending.
In our time together we will:
- Explore the unique medicine our local winter landscape offers for body & soul (with an emphasis on conifers especially)
- Prepare and conduct a distillation featuring local conifers
- Appreciate distillation as metaphor via the alchemical stages
- Discover and engage relevant archetypes, symbols, and alchemical stages to better appreciate and nurture your own winter processes, needs, and self-care
- Infuse an aromatic/herbal oil and craft an herbal salve and hydrosol spray
On Friday evening, we'll introduce the core themes of the retreat as we prepare for Saturday's distillation.
Please note we will be required to be outside for stretches of time during distillation and may have weather to contend with. If you expect that may be too uncomfortable for you, we encourage you to look forward to our spring experience.
Welcome, Introductions, and ScopeCasa Botanica